Non-Toxic Natural Manicures & Pedicures
It’s been a while since I’ve had a professional manicure and pedicure. Thanks to the great non-toxic nail polish brands out there I’ve been able to maintain my own nails with relative ease during the winter months. However, with spring in the air and the idea of open-toe shoes, I though it was high-time to make a trip to the nail salon for a proper manicure and pedicure. With no natural nail salons in my area, I headed over to my local nail salon with my non-toxic nail supplies in hand…which by they way, they were more than happy to use and accomodate. So whether I’m headed to a professional or just want to do it myself, here’s what I’m using these days for a great non-toxic manicure and pedicure…
- Priti NYC Nail Polish Remover, $10 – Nail polish remover that actually smells good! Comes in Lemongrass, Lavender, White Blossom and Unscented as well as in handy wipes.
- Erbaviva Hand Cream, $16 – Soothe, moisturize and protect with skin rejuvenating extracts and essential oils of orange and neroli blossom. Absorbs easily and smells so fresh and light.
- Deep Steep Natural Candy Mint Foot Cream, $6.95 - Peppermint Oil refreshes and revives while Peppermint Leaf Extract cools, soothes sore muscles and promotes circulation. Rich Shea Butter and soothing plant extracts tone and moisturize. Energizes the skin.
- Just Neem Cuticle Care Pen, $9.50 – No mess and so easy to use. This handy little pen is ultra convenient!
- Sheswai Nail Lacquer, $16 – No base coat or top coat needed for a long lasting nail color and most of the time I only need one coat. I love not having to carry around multiple bottles. Plus, Sheswai has a beautiful selection of colors.
I also really like SaniManiPedi Manicure & Pedicure Kit for high quality at-home tools and use an organic or natural scrub to exfoliate dead skin.